Suitable for Teachers, Early Learning Educations, OSHC Staff and Centre Directors.
Equip staff with the knowledge and skills to effectively manage difficult behaviour and teach self-regulation.
A comprehensive one-day training course that equips you with the knowledge and skills to teach self-regulation and manage children’s difficult behaviour in the childcare setting.
Date: Sat 28th July 2018
Time: 9am to 3pm.
The easy to use techniques can be taught to all staff, resulting in a consistent approach to help children develop more self-control and to respond more flexibly to frustrates and upsets. The program draws from attachment theory (how relationships can influence behaviour) and social- learning theory (how children can be taught by those around them about how to self-regulate). Talk Less Listen More methods-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in an early years setting.
- One-day professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement Talk Less Listen More for Early Years Educators.
- Participants receive a manual containing course notes and implementation guides.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the school.
- Participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Australia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in early childhood development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how early years educators will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
- Response flexibility in early years educators: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use Talk Less Listen More.
- Using Talk Less Listen More: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly, how to implement it at your centre, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes.
- Learn simple strategies to improve 2 to 7 year olds behaviour by teaching them self-control.
- Help kids learn to not overreact.
- Build kids emotional maturity and resilience for greater social and academic success.
- Improve confidence and build bonds.
WHAT YEARLY YEARS EDUCATORS ARE SAYING...
"A great course that is well structured and interactive to minimise any ‘course boredom’. It was great to get validation on what I’m doing and to be able to implement new and better strategies".
BAY ISLAND EARLY LEARNING AND CARE, QLD
"Very thorough presentation. Presenter was very knowledgeable and I was given so many valuable tools to use both personally and professionally. Highly recommend". DALTON DRIVE EARLY LEARNING
"This course was informative and got me thinking about how children’s emotions are different from adults and how I can help them in dealing with these emotions in an effective way. It was great learning that we were on the right track. The program let us know what we were doing right and informed us on how to take it further".
KIDS COLLEGE, PERTH