A comprehensive one-day training course that equips you with the knowledge and skills to teach self-regulation and manage children’s difficult behaviour in the childcare setting.
Can be delivered Face to Face over a full day or broken down into 3 after work sessions OR via a Live and interactive Webinar over 3 or 4 sessions.
Talk Less Listen More for EYE training and support packages will be tailored to your needs.
This can include on-site consultancy and coaching as per the Inclusion Development Fund(IDF) Innovative Solutions Support.
Webinar Training Package
Runs over 4x90minute sessions that are scheduled at your convenience.
Live and interactive, plenty of time for questions and problem solving.
Includes a 45minute Parent information session
Participants can be given a link so they can log in from various locations.
WHAT EDUCATORS ARE SAYING ABOUT
“Very informative, I can’t wait to introduce the signalling and emotion coaching into my room”
“Our staff now have a common knowledge when it comes to emotions and behaviour in 3 to 7 year old’s. Better still they will all be implementing the same approach to manage the challenging behaviours”
“A wonderful presentation, full of practical ideas…it kept the us engaged the whole time”
The easy to use techniques can be taught to all staff, resulting in a consistent approach to help children develop more self-control and to respond more flexibly to frustrates and upsets. The program draws from attachment theory (how relationships can influence behaviour) and social- learning theory (how children can be taught by those around them about how to self-regulate). Talk Less Listen More methods-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in an early years setting.
- One-day professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement Talk Less Listen More for Early Years Educators.
- Participants receive a manual containing course notes and implementation guides.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the school.
- Participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- E-mail and phone support is available for 6 months after the initial training.
- Centres who run 30 or more staff are eligible for a full day of follow up consultancy (valued at $1160).
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Australia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in early childhood development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how early years educators will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
- Response flexibility in early years educators: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use
- Talk Less Listen More.
- Using Talk Less Listen More: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly, how to implement it at your centre, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes.