Reducing anxiety and building resilience skills in 2 -12 year old’s. $180pp or$320 for 2
PARENTS WILL LEARN
• An overview of how a well-honed theory of parenting (what you need to repeatedly do) can assist parents to manage children’s worries.
• Coverage of how some misguided policies are making parents and children more anxious.
• The brain, including how the pre-frontal middle cortex and the amygdala operate, and where fear and anxiety originates.
• Commonly misused phrases and cognitive distortions used by children and their peers.
• A helicopter view of what risks we can allow and which require us to keep children safe.
• ‘Traps and trip wires’: what to do when a child’s amygdala starts to play-up.
• Memorable strengthening sayings, questioning strategies and mindfulness exercises.
$180 pp or $320 for 2 registrations.