Engaging Adolescents - Parenting skills for resolving teenage behaviour problems. $180pp or $320 for 2.
Live online events
The structure of this course provides parents with a model for working out what behaviour needs to be ignored, how to coach teenagers to consider the consequences of their actions and to hold difficult conversations when agreements are breached. A practical ‘ how-to ‘ guide for parents.
- Understanding adolescents: a time of reconstructions, redeveloping social landscapes, brain snaps and body make-overs.
- Understanding your job as parent/carer of a teenager – observer, advisor, negotiator, director.
- A three-option model for decision making….a ‘drop down’ menu for parents.
- Working out how NOT to respond in tricky emotional encounters.
- Building your relationship with your teenager.
- How to hold difficult conversations more successfully when discussing issues such as internet overuse, sibling conflict, disrespect, truancy, going out, school work, helping out, choice of peers…and much more.
$180 pp or $320 for 2 registrations.