Equip staff with the knowledge and skills to effectively guide difficult behaviour and teach self-regulation. For Teachers, Early Years Educators, OSHC Educators.
Discounts are available:
1-4 people: $180pp
5+ people: $160pp
ACA WA Members: 10% discount available
The easy to use techniques can be taught to all staff, resulting in a consistent approach to help children develop more self-control and to respond more flexibly to frustrates and upsets. The program draws from attachment theory (how relationships can influence behaviour) and social- learning theory (how children can be taught by those around them about how to self-regulate). Talk Less Listen More methods-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in an early years setting.
- One-day professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement Talk Less Listen More for Early Years Educators.
- Participants receive a manual containing course notes and implementation guides.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the your centre.
- Participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- E-mail and phone support is available for 6 months after the initial training.
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Australia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in early childhood development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how early years educators will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
- Response flexibility in early years educators: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use Talk Less Listen More.
- Using Talk Less Listen More: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly, how to implement it at your centre, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes.
National Quality Standards
This program supports the following quality areas and concepts of the national quality standard: QA 2, QA 5, QA 6.