ACA MEMBERS DISCOUNT 1 person $169 (normally $199).
OR 2 for 1 ($199) Group discounts available.
Maximum of 6 people per centre at this rate.
Equip staff with the knowledge and skills to effectively guide difficult behaviour and teach self-regulation.
For Teachers, Early Years Educators, OSHC educators.
Date: Sat 1st Dec 2018
Time: 9am to 3.30pm
The easy to use techniques can be taught to all staff, resulting in a consistent approach to help children develop more self-control and to respond more flexibly to frustrates and upsets. The program draws from attachment theory (how relationships can influence behaviour) and social- learning theory (how children can be taught by those around them about how to self-regulate). Talk Less Listen More methods-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in an early years setting.
- One-day professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement Talk Less Listen More for Early Years Educators.
- Participants receive a manual containing course notes and implementation guides.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the your centre.
- Participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- E-mail and phone support is available for 6 months after the initial training.
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Australia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in early childhood development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how early years educators will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
- Response flexibility in early years educators: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use
- Talk Less Listen More.
- Using Talk Less Listen More: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly, how to implement it at your centre, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes.