123 Magic and Emotion Coaching in the Classroom
Three WA Principals explain why they chose the 123 Magic and Emotion Coaching training for their staff and how the teachers, students and parents have all benefited. The Principals of Mother Teresa Catholic College, Wesley College Junior PS and Grovelands PS have embrace a whole school approach, as have another 80 plus schools in WA and NT. Please contact us for further information.
Behaviour Tonics are WA’s and NT’s exclusive licensed providers of training in 1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching in the Classroom. 1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching will help teachers manage and modify students unwanted and disruptive behaviour while at the same time encouraging desirable behaviour. These classroom management strategies are available to teachers and schools in a number of ways. We have recently developed additional resources for teachers to use in the classroom, to illustrate STOP and START behaviours (Picking up ) .
Behaviour Tonics is known for the engaging and informative PD it delivers to schools. But more importantly, it equips teachers with the practical skills and the resources to introduce our programs seamlessly.
The initial PD is just the beginning. The teachers we train receive email and phone support from our staff to help maintain and fine tune things. Furthermore, on-site coaching and revision is often included in the training package at no extra cost. See our “In House” PD flyer for more details.
We can provide a webinar package tailored to your needs including on-site consultancy and coaching.
Webinar training package
- 4 x 90 minute sessions scheduled to preferred dates and times
- Live and interactive. Plenty of time for questions and problem solving
- Our experienced facilitators will liaise with the centre prior to training to assess staff and children’s needs to ensure the training is relevant and practical
- Q&A sessions available
- Training manual included
- Certificate of completion provided
- Participants provided with a dedicated link to log in from any location
- Cheaper than face to face training and no presenter travel costs
- PLUS – a 45 minute parent information session
15% DISCOUNT FOR TEACHING STUDENTS AND NEW GRADUATES. $
‘In-House’ Teacher Professional Development in 123 Magic and Emotion Coaching in the Classroom
1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching for Classroom Behaviour Management can be offered as a full day session or can be broken into 2 to 3 sessions. See which schools have trained in the 123 Magic and Emotion Coaching in the Classroom program.pdf Which schools have we trained?
In House PD rates pdf In House Teacher PD Rates?
Once you have become a 123 Magic and Emotion Coaching School, we will present you with a framed poster that you can use in the foyer of your school.
pdf Foyer Display
Talk Less Listen More for Early Years Educators
The easy to use techniques can be taught to all staff, resulting in a consistent approach to help children develop more self-control and to respond more flexibly to frustrates and upsets. The program draws from attachment theory (how relationships can influence behaviour) and social- learning theory (how children can be taught by those around them about how to self-regulate). Talk Less Listen More methods-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in an early years setting.
- Face to face
- A combination of online learning and on-site coaching.
- Professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement Talk Less Listen More for Early Years Educators.
- Participants receive a manual containing course notes and implementation guides.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the your centre.
- Participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- E-mail and phone support is available for 6 months after the initial training.
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Australia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in early childhood development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how early years educators will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
- Response flexibility in early years educators: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use Talk Less Listen More.
- Using Talk Less Listen More: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly, how to implement it at your centre, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes.