Training and Consultancy for Educators
Primary Schools, Early Learning Centres, Out of School Hours Care.
We specialise in providing a flexible and consistent approach to effectively manage difficult and disruptive behaviour, that also improves self-regulation in students.
We offer the following training for educators:
1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching in the Classroom (K-Yr6)
This training provides teachers and education assistants with the knowledge and practical skills to respond more calmly and effectively to student’s difficult behaviour and emotional upsets as they happen in the classroom and playground. Over time, teacher responses will improve student self-regulation and self-control.
1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching can be used is a single classroom. If this is what you are after, please use one of the buttons below to see all upcoming training dates.
1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching can be implemented as a whole school approach, if this what you are after please read the “In House” information below.
"In-House" Teacher Professional Development
in 1-2-3 Magic & Emotion Coaching in the Classroom
WATCH THIS VIDEO of three WA Principals explain why they chose the 123 Magic and Emotion Coaching training for their staff and how the teachers, students and parents have all benefited.
Outcomes of 1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching in the classroom
- Creates consistency and a common language across the school
- Leaves more time for teaching
- Reduces staff stress
- Provides students with predictable responses
- Complimentary to PBS, CMS, Zones of Reg etc.
What does our typical whole school training package look like?
- Initial full day training – this will equip teachers with the practical skills and the resources to implement the program simply and seamlessly.
- Onsite coaching follow-up which typically includes:
- Phone and email support
- An information session for parents
- Observe & assess the teachers’ implementation, providing feedback and coaching
- Assistance in formulation and/or tailoring of individual behaviour management plans
- Staff surveys
- Q & A sessions in school staff meetings
- Access to training for new staff
- Additional ongoing support is available on request.
We think face to face is best however we can provide a webinar package tailored to your needs including on-site consultancy and coaching.
We can provide a webinar package tailored to your needs including on-site consultancy and coaching.
Talk Less Listen More for Early Years Educators
Equip staff with the knowledge and skills to effectively guide difficult behaviour and teach self-regulation. For Teachers, Early Years Educators, OSHC educators.
The easy to use techniques can be taught to all staff, resulting in a consistent approach to help children develop more self-control and to respond more flexibly to frustrates and upsets. The program draws from attachment theory (how relationships can influence behaviour) and social- learning theory (how children can be taught by those around them about how to self-regulate). Talk Less Listen More methods-based learning is simple, effective and easy to apply in an early years setting.
- Face to face
- A combination of online learning and on-site coaching.
- Professional training by experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience working with this program.
- Knowledge and procedures to introduce and implement Talk Less Listen More for Early Years Educators.
- Participants receive a manual containing course notes and implementation guides.
- Resources to assist with introducing & implementing the program in the your centre.
- Participants will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- E-mail and phone support is available for 6 months after the initial training.
- An overview of discipline approaches in contemporary Australia.
- Coverage of contemporary thinking in early childhood development, particularly the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
- Sorting behaviours: what’s involved and the implications for how early years educators will respond.
- Common mistakes in addressing misbehaviour, particularly the problem with too much talk and too much emotion.
- Processes of pattern-establishment and change: how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
- Response flexibility in early years educators: knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
- Choosing your strategy – the three choices: do nothing, emotion coach or use Talk Less Listen More.
- Using Talk Less Listen More: what it’s used for and what it’s not used for, how it’s done properly, how to implement it at your centre, how to avoid the two biggest mistakes.
Book a course
A Course in Classroom Behaviour Management K-Yr7. Manage and modify your student’s unwanted and disruptive behaviour with this simple method, while at the same time encouraging the behaviours you want to see more of. This is a one day in-person course, but is also available as an online course spread over three days. Discounts are available for group bookings. $299pp 1-3 people: $299pp 4-7 people: $279pp 8-12 people: $259pp 13+ people: contact us for a quoteMore Information
A Course in Classroom Behaviour Management K-Yr6. Manage and modify your student’s unwanted and disruptive behaviour with this simple method, while at the same time encouraging the behaviours you want to see more of. This is an online course spread over three sessions. Discounts are available for group bookings.More Information
A Course in Classroom Behaviour Management K-Yr7. Manage and modify your student’s unwanted and disruptive behaviour with this simple method, while at the same time encouraging the behaviours you want to see more of. This is a one day in-person course.More Information
Join Brad Williams to get a clear understanding of 1-2-3 Magic & Emotion Coaching in the Classroom. Learn how this training and ongoing support will see your staff manage student's challenging behaviour more consistently, and in a manner that helps develop self-regulation in the students.More Information