Courses for Parents
Do you work with any parents or carers who would benefit from learning some very practical parenting skills? If so, we can offer your community LIVE & INTERACTIVE WEBINARS.
Our webinars are interactive in that they include polling activities (quizzes), live question time and a chat room where participants can communicate via a keyboard. Our Perth studio has hyperfast wireless internet so no connection drop outs. Groups of up to 20.
1-2-3 Magic and Emotion Coaching Parent Courses
1-2-3 Magic is a simple yet effective behaviour management program for parents and carers of children between 2 and 12 years of age.
It gives parents a simple and structured approach to:
- Controlling obnoxious behaviour (arguing, whining, fighting, tantrums)
- Encouraging good behaviour (listening, going to bed, homework)
- Strengthening their relationship with their child (praise, active listening, and shared fun).
Emotion Coaching teaches children to identify their emotions and become better at managing them. This enables them to take more responsibility for their own behaviour. 3 x 2.5hr sessions.
‘In House’ Private Courses SAVE $$$:
Get a group together and book a course at your venue or ours. A very popular choice with Playgroups, Schools, families, community organisations….they can be tailored to age groups and have 6-40 participants.
Refresher Sessions in 123 Magic and Emotion Coaching:
So, you’ve done the course, which is great, but just like we service our car, our parenting needs maintenance also. If you need some help trouble-shooting or fine tuning the program book in for the opportunity to pick the brains of our experts.
Ten take home parenting tips seminar - 2 hours
Available In House. Popular with playgroups, P&C’s, P&F’s, schools etc.
Information and Question Time will look at:
- Why set limits and boundaries?
- What is ‘Toggling’?
- Developing self-regulation in kids
- Consequences for misbehaviour.
- Why is modelling so important?
- Parents as teachers.
- How much reinforcement is enough?
- Relationships, relationships, relationships!
This workshop will educate and provide parents with the knowledge and practical skills to empower children in regards to their personal safety. It will show parents how to upskill their child with strategies to help them stay safe. The focus of this ‘life skills’ program is to help prevent child abuse (including sexual abuse), bullying and high risk behaviours from childhood onwards. Parents will be taught how to raise the issue of personal safety in such a way that doesn’t leave the child feeling scared, anxious or worried. It is also done in a non threatening and non sexual way.
Men are more involved in parenting than even before but with so much information it can be hard to know how to do it well and with confidence.
This is a fantastic workshop delivered by a Dad for Dads!
THIS WORKSHOP WILL COVER:
· Developing self-regulation in kids
· Why set limits and boundaries?
· Why Dad’s modelling is so important?
· Dads can be great teachers.
· Is it too much to expect, that parents be’on the same page’?
· How much positive reinforcement is enough?
· Strengthening relationships.
Parenting skills for resolving teenage behaviour problems
The structure of this course provides parents with a model for working out what behaviour needs to be ignored, how to coach teenagers to consider the consequences of their actions and to hold difficult conversations when agreements are breached. A practical ‘ how-to ‘ guide for parents.
- Understanding adolescents: a time of reconstructions, redeveloping social landscapes, brain snaps and body make-overs.
- Understanding your job as parent/carer of a teenager – observer, advisor, negotiator, director.
- A three-option model for decision making….a ‘drop down’ menu for parents.
- Working out how NOT to respond in tricky emotional encounters.
- Building your relationship with your teenager.
- How to hold difficult conversations more successfully when discussing issues such as internet overuse, sibling conflict, disrespect, truancy, going out, school work, helping out, choice of peers…and much more.
Public Courses for Parents of Adolescents: These courses run regularly and are both informative and practical, catering for groups with 6-30 participants.
‘In House’ Private Courses $$$ SAVE $$$: Get a group together and book a course at your venue or ours. A very popular choice with Schools, family groups, community organisations….they can be tailored to age groups and have 6-40 participants.
Book a course
To gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to discipline children gently but firmly. That means without the arguing and yelling. Available as online training, or in-person at our training room in Wembley.More Information
To gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to discipline children gently but firmly. That means without the arguing and yelling.More Information
Engaging Adolescents – Parenting skills for resolving teenage behaviour problems.More Information